One of my all-time favorite appetizers to bring to a party is a hot dip. I love how easy they are to make, transport, and serve! Another bonus is that I rarely have leftovers, unlike the friend who has to pack up an entire veggie tray to take home. This hot dip recipe is a family and friends favorite, and I am sure it will soon become a favorite of your family's as well!
Our Chicken Marinara dip is so quick and simple to make, but don’t let that fool you. The combo of flavorful cheese, juicy chicken, and tangy marinara sauce is sure to impress even the pickiest dip connoisseur. Pair this with a toasted French baguette and top with freshly chopped parsley, and you will have yourself the star attraction at the next party.
Chicken Marinara Dip
No. 8 Lancaster skillet or similar 10.5-inch skillet
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast diced
Salt and pepper to taste
Pinch of cayenne to taste
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
2 ounce grated Parmesan cheese
10 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
10 ounces Monterey Jack cheese
2 cups prepared marinara sauce
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 450°F.
2. Dice chicken breast and season with salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in your No. 8 pan over medium-high heat. Cook diced chicken breast in the hot oil until brown, about 4-5 minutes. The meat should be barely cooked through. Transfer chicken and pan drippings into a bowl and let cool.
4. Combine ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, 8 ounces of the 10 ounces mozzarella cheese, 8 ounces of the 10 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, half the parmesan cheese and 1 cup ricotta cheese. Mix with a fork until combined. Add chicken, pan drippings, and marinara sauce. Mix until combined.
5. Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons olive and bread crumbs in a bow and mix to coat.
6. Transfer chicken mixture to the same cast iron pan chicken was cooked in. Top with bread crumbs and remaining cheese.
7. Place the pan on the middle rack in the oven. Bake until browned and bubbly, about 15-20 minutes.
8. Allow the dip to cool for 10-15 minutes. Finish by topping with fresh parsley before serving.